I first heard about the WoW Ironman Challenge when I went to the WoW site and saw a link to a forum post. I read it and decided that it looked like fun. So, here I am. This blog is my way of sharing my adventures.
For those of you who don’t know, the WoW Ironman Challenge invites players to level as far as they can without any decent gear (white and grey items only), no talent points, no glyphs, only one profession (First Aid), no dungeons, no battlegrounds, in fact – no groups at all. Just you.
The complete list of rules is as follows (taken from this forum topic):
- No items equipped other than White or Grey items.
- No heirlooms.
- No talent points – no specialization – you may train class abilities.
- No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
- No food or water above vendor-quality white items.
- No groups- no BG’s, no instances, no raids, no quest groups. No guilds.
- No enchants, scrolls, potions/elixirs, or glyphs.
- No outside financial or equipment assistance (no gold or bags from other toons).
- THE BIG ONE – if you die, ever, you must delete that character and start again at Level 1.
I will be using this blog to chart my own progress throughout this challenge. How far will I get? Nobody knows.